Levy concession is to support Singaporeans who need care. As a maid employer, you can get a concessionary rate of $60 every month if you are qualified.
Who can qualify
As an employer, you can qualify for levy concession if your household member who is a Singapore citizen meets the following criteria:
- Young child below 16 years old.
- Elderly person who is at least 67 years old.
- Person with disabilities (PWD) – Must be certified by Singapore-registered doctor to require help with at least 1 activity of daily living (ADL), such as showering, feeding, dressing or toileting.
The levy concession for 1 helper is granted based on 1 eligible person in the household. It is capped at 2 helpers per household.
Auto levy concession for yourself, spouse or child
You do not need to apply for levy concession if:
- You or your spouse is at least 67 years old.
- Your child is below 16 years old.
It will automatically start:
- When you or your spouse turn 67 years old.
- On your child’s date of birth if your child is registered as a Singapore citizen at birth.
- On the date your child was granted Singapore citizenship.
Apply for levy concession
You need to apply for levy concession if the eligible person is one of the persons listed in the table below. The processing time is 4 weeks. The levy concession will start from the date of approval.
If you or your spouse is a Singapore citizen, you can also enjoy levy concession if your parent, parent in-law, grandparent or grandparent in-law is a Singapore permanent resident, at least 67 years old and stays with you. You can apply online.
You can also enjoy levy concession if you are a Singapore citizen and staying with your parent, spouse, or child with disabilities, who is a Singapore permanent resident.
Home Caregiving Grant
If you hire a maid to take care of a family member who needs permanent assistance with 3 or more ADLs, you may qualify for the Home Caregiving Grant, a monthly grant of $200.