You must apply for a new Work Permit card for your maid within 1 week if it is lost, damaged or stolen.
|When to replace||
If your maid’s Work Permit card is lost, stolen or damaged, you must apply for a replacement within 1 week.
|Who can apply||Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).|
|How much it costs||
For a damaged card, the fee is $60.
For a lost card, the fee is $100 for the first loss and $300 for a subsequent loss.
Fees are non-refundable.
|How long it takes||
Immediate for more cases.
Card collection: 4 working days after approval.
- If your maid loses her card repeatedly, you will need to make an appointment to attend an interview with her. The card replacement application is subject to approval.
- If the lost card is found, you must return it to MOM immediately by post: Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
Apply for a replacement card
When: Within 1 week of damage or loss
Processing time: Immediate for most cases
To submit an application:
- Log in to WP Online and apply.
- Pay the replacement fees using eNETS credit or debit.
- For a damaged card, the fee is $60.
- For a lost card the fee is $100 for the first loss and $300 for a subsequent loss.
- Once you submit the request, no refund is allowed.
- If the application is approved, print the card replacement letter. It will have instructions on collecting the replacement card.
Collect the replacement card
When: 4 working days after approval
The replacement card is ready to collect 4 working days after your application is approved.
You or your maid can collect the card at MOM Services Centre – Hall C. You don’t need to make an appointment.
Bring along these documents for the visit:
- Maid’s original passport
- Card replacement letter
- The damaged card (if applicable)
- Completed declaration form (for lost or stolen cards)
- Police report (for stolen cards)
Overseas police reports should be translated into English.
For lost or stolen cards, your maid must collect the replacement card in person.
For replacement or damaged cards, you can authorise someone to collect the card on your behalf. Make sure the authorised person brings the following:
- An authorisation letter from you
- NRIC, pass card or passport for verification
- The damaged card.