Replace A Work Permit For Maid In Singapore

Curated by vivien

March 24, 2023

You must apply for a new Work Permit card for your maid within 1 week if it is lost, damaged or stolen.

When to replace

If your maid’s Work Permit card is lost, stolen or damaged, you must apply for a replacement within 1 week.


  • For a stolen card, you must also file a police report.
  • If your helper lost the card while overseas,  you must inform MOM immediately. MOM will issue a letter for your maid to enter to Singapore with.
Who can apply Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How much it costs

For a damaged card, the fee is $60.

For a lost card, the fee is $100 for the first loss and $300 for a subsequent loss.

Fees are non-refundable.

How long it takes

Immediate for more cases.

Card collection: 4 working days after approval.


  • If your maid loses her card repeatedly, you will need to make an appointment to attend an interview with her. The card replacement application is subject to approval.
  • If the lost card is found, you must return it to MOM immediately by post: Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.

Apply for a replacement card

When: Within 1 week of damage or loss

Processing time: Immediate for most cases

To submit an application:

  1. Log in to WP Online and apply.
  2. Pay the replacement fees using eNETS credit or debit.
    • For a damaged card, the fee is $60.
    • For a lost card the fee is $100 for the first loss and $300 for a subsequent loss.
    • Once you submit the request, no refund is allowed.
  3. If the application is approved, print the card replacement letter. It will have instructions on collecting the replacement card.

Collect the replacement card

When: 4 working days after approval

The replacement card is ready to collect 4 working days after your application is approved.

You or your maid can collect the card at MOM Services Centre – Hall C. You don’t need to make an appointment.

Bring along these documents for the visit:

  • Maid’s original passport
  • Card replacement letter
  • The damaged card (if applicable)
  • Completed declaration form (for lost or stolen cards)
  • Police report (for stolen cards)
    Overseas police reports should be translated into English.

For lost or stolen cards, your maid must collect the replacement card in person.

For replacement or damaged cards, you can authorise someone to collect the card on your behalf. Make sure the authorised person brings the following:

  • An authorisation letter from you
  • NRIC, pass card or passport for verification
  • The damaged card.
Categories Guides

Every family deserves the best help and we’re here to help find you the perfect maid!

We offer full placement, direct hire and contract renewal services. See which option is right for you. Or get in touch.

Related Articles

Stroke Recovery: Getting Back On Track

A stroke can happen to anyone and at any age. Both the stroke patient and their caregiver may experience high levels of emotional, mental and physical stress during the process of stroke recovery. You might need a temporary or long-term assistance to help your loved...

Warning Signs Of A Stroke

What is a stroke? A stroke happens when a blood vessel in the brain bursts (hemorrhagic stroke) or when the blood supply to part of the brain is suddenly cut off, usually by a clot (ischemic stroke). Brain cells die when the blood supply of oxygen and nutrients stops...

Early Signs Of Dementia: When To Be Concerned

A substantial deterioration in mental and physical capacities is brought on by dementia. However, the early signs of dementia can be unnoticed. It could be challenging to distinguish between normal aging and the early stages of dementia. The symptoms at the early...

Get In Touch